HPREC staff is available to assist member districts with professional development, technical assistance, and coaching to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations. HPREC staff members are well-versed in the development of program for students with IEPs to ensure academic and behavioral achievement.
Special Education Compliance
HPREC provides member districts with ongoing content and support addressing a multitude of special education issues, including:
- Monthly consultation and support by nationally recognized special education attorney
- On-site training and coaching
- Site-based file reviews and technical assistance
The Essentials... What you Need to Know About the Special Education Processes
Site-based training and technical assistance are designed to assist general education and special education teachers and administrators in:
- Understanding the essentials of the special education process according to IDEA 2004
- Writing Legally Sound and Effective Individualized Education Plans (IEPs)
- Developing annual IEP goals that are meaningful, measurable, can be monitored, and are linked to standards, PLAAFP, and post-secondary goals
- Understanding the sequence of forms within each process, completing them and accessing them
Feel free to download The Essentials, What You Need to Know About Special Education.
HPREC provides member districts with access, training, and technical assistance in TIENET, a web based product and customized case management system developed to collect and document student information. The system allows educators to manage and monitor the special education process, Student Assistance Team activities, Section 504 plans, Next Step plans, and other information aligned to NMPED requirements and guidelines.
- Sign-in to TIENET
- TIENET User’s Guide
State Performance Plan Indicators
HPREC works with member districts to identify areas of strength and challenges as evidenced by the State Performance Plan Indicator data and develop and implement systematic action plan to address areas of concern. As part of this training and support, HPREC works to ensure quality transition plans for all students with IEPS, as well as ensuring that the districts are meeting the transition State Performance Plan Indicator #13 and developing IEPs that are directly linked to post-secondary goals.