HPREC staff is available to assist school based personnel in the ongoing development, implementation, and evaluation of Student Assistance Teams (SAT). HPREC's efforts assist in building SAT capacity and assuring that the work is meaningful, effective in problem-solving, and meets the needs of struggling learners. This support includes workshops as well as on-site coaching and mentoring.
The purpose of the SAT is to:
- Develop systematic, intensive, individualized interventions and supports for students experiencing academic, social, or behavioral challenges
- Conduct, document, and review progress monitoring data to evaluate intervention effectiveness
- Ensure interventions are implemented with fidelity
- Refer for a special education evaluation, if appropriate
HPREC will work with site-based SAT to build expertise in:
- SAT Leadership
- Critical components of SAT
- Effective interventions
- Monitoring intervention fidelity
- Progress monitoring
- Data-based decision making
For more information on SAT professional development offered by HPREC, contact Marisa Aguirre at (575) 445.7090 or by e-mail.