The New Mexico Regional Education Cooperatives Association (NMRECA) is working with the New Mexico Public Education Department (NMPED) and the New Mexico Early Childhood Education & Care Department (NMECECD) to assist families in finding available childcare services while schools are operating in a remote or hybrid environment.
The contact for this project at High Plains Regional Education Cooperative is Marisa Aguirre.
Here is some important information about the project
- The NMPED has been surveying families to identify childcare needs in the state. If you have not taken the survey, please do so.
- The NMRECA is working with districts and charter schools to identify childcare needs for staff and students in their communities. The project goal is to explore all options to meet the unique needs of families in individual districts and schools.
- The NMRECA is surveying existing childcare providers to explore current capacity and expansion to meet the needs of families.
- The NMRECA is working to identify additional childcare options in the community that may have untapped capacity, such as camps, faith-based organizations, recreation centers, scouting groups, and community organizations.
- In collaboration with NMECECD and NMPED, the NMRECA will publish a list of all available options in communities and assist families in connecting with available providers.
Check back often for updates, links, and resources!